As providers of a resource to help you find a place to stay, live, eat or receive services in Redding, we want assist you in getting most out of your free classified ads! Here are some tips that might help your ad to stand out and get noticed to the users of iVisitRedding.com:
- Make your ad title jump off the screen. Imagine yourself scanning through a stack of classified ads – so many to choose from! Which one would you be most likely to click on and read “Large bedroom” OR “For Rent: Lg. bedroom in modern house, near Simpson & Bethel”. You get the point.
- A picture’s worth a thousand words. When it comes to people browsing around, this is very true. Show it off, otherwise the reader might move on to elsewhere.
- Use the Keywords/Tags box. But keep it relevant! Our system uses these tags to sort ads and to help search engines like Google determine keywords for your ad.
- Choose your category wisely. Make sure to pick your category so that it’s as accurate as possible. A mis-categorized ad may never be found at all.
- Never use a title twice (or thrice). If you’ve got multiple ways to list the same item (for example, a room available for a weekly rate and a monthly rate), make sure to distinguish between the two in the title. Otherwise it looks like duplication and searchers can’t find what they’re looking for.
- Include an address or at least an intersection. Sometimes people want to know the part of town they’re dealing with. “Cherry Ave at Ocean Blvd, Redding, CA” works too.
- If your ad is long, break it up! Interject subtitles of “headings” throughout your text so that readers can get a break while swimming through your novel.